To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things. (Piano Student letter from Mrs. Gregory)
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Little Flowers Girls Club This is a Catholic club for girls ages 5-12 yrs old that teaches virtues through scripture, saints’ biographies and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Young girls, with the direct support of their mothers/grandmothers, will develop strong characters, lasting friendships and a deep love for their Faith all while having a great time!
Registration is $30/child for new members and NO FEE for returning members. Please sign up by October 5th. Use the registration form and return to school.
Our first meeting is October 12th from 9-10:30am in the lower level of school. Contact the Little Flowers Team at email@example.com or Bridget Yallaly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Partners In Faith newsletter for your reading enjoyment.
5. Family Eucharistic Adoration flyer for October 3rd at 6:00 pm. Meal theme is "Breakfast for Dinner." Hope to see many of you there.
6. Trailride dates have been decided for this year. First one is coming on October 5 and the second one is October 19. Some have already signed up for this event but other helpers are needed for sure. Time to help is from 11:30 to about 2:00. Adults and kids are welcome to help out. See flyer for further details. All proceeds are donated to St. Peter Catholic School.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 9/26 -Angie Tenkley; Friday, 9/27- Sue Tansey; Monday, 9/30- Laura Forecki; Tuesday, 10/1-Angie Tenkley; Wednesday, 10/2- Bridget Yallaly
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 9/26 -Elizabeth Idzi; Friday, 9/27- Elizabeth Idzi; Monday, 9/30- None; Tuesday, 10/1-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 10/2- Tia Whatley
3. Scrip Winner for the month of August was our very own Mrs. Meredith Willman. Congratulation Meredith! September seems to be slipping by us to do a scrip give away but look for the next contest in early October. Please remember to pick up your standing orders at the beginning of the month.
4. YOU’RE INVITED to the NEW St. Peter’s Moms’ Group!
We are excited to start a NEW weekly group for moms every MONDAY beginning Monday, October 21, 2019. We will meet in the connector immediately following Mass (roughly 8:50) until 10:00 a.m. Monday was the most popular choice for moms, so we hope it will work for many moms from the parish, school and everywhere else! Bring your kids with you or just yourself for an hour of time together with other moms, snacks (also for the kids), prayer, and some Scripture study as we look ahead to and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday. Toys will be on hand for the kids. Come every week or come as often as you can. For more information, contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or email@example.com.
If you can, please bring a box of easy-to-eat snacks for a kids’ snack stash to our first meeting.
5. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Parish office is looking for a volunteer to spend one hour each Monday morning to straighten up the church pews. Also the office would like a volunteer any day of the week to do reception work and filing between the hours of 9:00 to Noon. See Amy in the parish office for specifics or call her at 831-4843. Thanks for all you do.
6. Benefit Dinner Volunteer Opportunity. Next week Tuesday, September 24 there is a meeting for the benefit dinner committee from 6-7 pm. They are still looking for volunteers to help in small ways and big ways. Right now they need some one to take notes at the next meeting. If you are interested, please contact Amy in the parish office at 831-4843 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Bryna Fassino at email@example.com.
6. A St. Peter Family with a 3.5 year old and 13 month old is looking to see if any of you are aware of anyone in the parish or school community who offers childcare on an as-needed basis? I'm envisioning an older person without her own young children at home, since having the person come to us is going to be better many times, but I am not totally opposed to dropping the kids off somewhere too, if it is the right person.
We would use this care infrequently, and we're willing to pay well, but finding someone responsible enough, who can handle two little kids, is tricky.
We would appreciate any and all leads, and even multiple leads, since having a list of people to potentially rely on is likely to work better than having just one person. Please contact the office if you know of someone or can help out yourself. We can then give you the contact information.
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."