To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. 40 Days for Life Closing Celebration: Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. “The Best Moments on the Sidewalk” with Steve Karlen, National 40 Days for Life Director.
Steve Karlen is the National Campaign Director for 40 Days for Life. In his position, he hears the best stories from the sidewalks in front of abortion facilities across the country. At the closing celebration for the Madison campaign on Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 2:00 p.m., Steve will share “The Best Moments on the Sidewalk” to demonstrate what God has done through His faithful witnesses on the sidewalk. The event will take place on the public right-of-way in front of Planned Parenthood (3706 Orin Road, Madison, WI 53719). Fr. Rick Heilman will also lead attendees in prayer. For more information about the event or the campaign, contact Gwen Finnegan at 608-393-8545 or email@example.com. Sign-up for vigil hours at www.vigilforlife.org.
4. All-School, All-Parish Vigil in front of Planned Parenthood on Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Join Fr. Chris!
As a parish and school family, we will support the 24/7 40 Days for Life campaign to end abortion by coming together for an all-school, all-parish vigil on the sidewalk in front of Planned Parenthood abortion center (3706 Orin Road Madison, WI 53704. Fr. Chris will lead us in prayer at 9:00 a.m. If you can, stay on to pray until 11:00 a.m. All are encouraged to attend on Saturday, October 30, 2021 so that we can witness together to the dignity of human life from conception to natural death. Questions? Contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Box of Joy service project flyer. You will notice each column has been assigned to a particular classroom for donation. Our hope is that we would have a variety of things to pack for each box. Classrooms will be packing the boxes the week of November 8. Thank you for your generosity.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 10/28 - AM-NONE; Lunch-NONE; Friday, 10/29-AM-Nicole Anspach; Lunch-Nicole Anspach; Monday, 11/1 AM-Leah Baute; Lunch-Nicole Anspach; Tuesday, 11/2 - AM-NONE; Lunch - NONE; Wednesday, 11/3- AM-Maria Serrano; Lunch -NONE
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 10/28 -AM - None; PM-Dennis Brower; Friday, 10/29-AM-Nicole Anspach; PM-Dennis Brower; Monday, 11/1 AM-Leah Baute; PM-Dennis Brower; Tuesday, 11/2 - AM-NONE; PM-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 11/3- AM - None; PM-Dennis Brower
3. Reminders: Monday, November 1 is All Saints Day. Students to dress in costume and will parade after Mass.
If you haven't already done so, please make sure you have signed up for Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday and Friday, November 11 and 12. See links in the flocknote to sign up.
On Saturday, Oct. 30 is the Southern Wis. Guided Trail Rides. Blue Star Dairy provides a building and lunch items for them to purchase at their farm. Money is donated to the school but we need your help to serve the lunch. Lunch is served from 11:00 to 1:30. We are in need of 4 more volunteers to help this to be a success for each Saturday. Here is the link to the volunteer sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0A48AAAE29A31-20212022
Please consider helping out. This does count towards your 30 hours of service to the school. I will be giving Lori Meinholz the list of volunteers early next week. Blue Star Dairy is at the corner of Vosen Road and County Road K about 2 miles west of the school.
4. St. Anne Group: New Year, New Location, New Members?! The St. Anne Scripture Study Group is a women's bible study that meets weekly to read, discuss and pray over the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday. It is open to all women, parishioners, school moms and any other women, who want to join in. Kids are welcome, and we will have toys on hand. If your schedule allows you to come each week or drop in occasionally, we would be delighted to have you! We will now be meeting in the school cafeteria (formerly the connector) after the 8:15 a.m. school Mass (9:00 or so) until 10:15 a.m. Our first meeting in the school cafeteria will be Friday, September 10, 2021. Please contact Laura Karlen (608-445-2064 or email@example.com) with questions or to be added to the St. Anne Group e-mail list.
October 28 Piano Lessons
28 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter
29 9:00 am St. Anne Group
29 7:00-8:00 pm Server Initiation
30 9:30-2:00 pm 10th grade confirmation mini retreat
30 11:00-1:30 Trailride lunch served at Blue Star Dairy
November 1 8:15 am All Saints Day Mass
1 Parade after Mass of students dressed as a saint
1 Treat Day (Anne Kruchten-PreK; Erin Heller - K/1; Amy
Cavanaugh-2/3; Kalena Hensey-4/5) Treats will be
served in the classroom
2 8:15 am Mass for All Souls day with visit to cemetery after Mass
2 Profession of Faith for teacher, Ms. Adamiec after school
2 7:00 pm Vespers for the Dead
3 Band Lessons
4 Piano Lessons
4 2:45 pm Profession of Faith for Ms. Kayla, Mrs. Spielbauer, Mr.
Francis and Mrs. O'Neill
5 NO SCHOOL-Teacher in-service
5 7:00 am Adoration
5 9:00 am St. Anne Group
6- 14 Box of Joy Collections to finish
9 CGS for 4K and K/1
10 Band Lessons
11 Veteran's Day presentation
11 Piano Lessons
11 3:30 - 6:00 Parent Teacher conferences
12 9:30 - Noon Parent Teacher conferences-NO SCHOOL
14 Whole Community Faith Formation
16 CGS for 4K and K/1
17 Band Lessons
18 Piano Lessons
18 Picture Re-take Day
18 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter
19 End of First Trimester