To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Picture Day is coming on Wednesday, October 13. Order envelopes are in your folder for each child. Please return to school with your order. If you are not ordering, please indicate on the envelope and return.
4. Family Directory. This booklet is for your benefit in connecting with other school families. If you see an error, please let the office know.
5. 40 days for Life Flyers. Help end abortion through fasting, peaceful prayer, and compassionate witness. Sign up to pray outside of the abortion facility on Madison’s East side during this Fall’s 40 Days For Life campaign, which runs 24 hours/day and 7 days/week from September 22nd through October 31st outside the Planned Parenthood abortion center at 3706 Orin Road.
St. Peter and St. Martin Parishes have signed up to help with the vigil on Saturday mornings for the 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. hours. If you are able to sign up for the St. Peter-St. Martin parish block for one (or more) of those hours, please contact parish liaison Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information about the campaign or to sign up individually for a vigil hour, visit vigilforlife.org or contact Gwen Finnegan (608-393-8545) or John Bohn (608-628-7552).
6. The Little Flowers mother/daughter group will be starting up for the new school year on Saturday, October 16th with an outing to Indian Lake! If you have a daughter who is between the ages of 5 and 12 years old, we would love to have you join us. Our schedule will typically include meeting on the third Saturday of the month from 9 to 10:30 am at St. Peter School. Each meeting focuses on a particular virtue we hope to grow in by learning from scripture, lives of the saints, and a range of activities, with an added incentive of earning badges! Please email us at email@example.com for more information and to register!
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 9/23 - AM-NONE; Lunch-NONE; Friday, 9/24-AM-NO School; Lunch-NO SCHOOL Monday, 9/27 AM-NO SCHOOL; Lunch-NO SCHOOL; Tuesday, 9/28 - AM-NONE; Lunch - NONE; Wednesday, 9/29- AM-Maria Serrano; Lunch -NONE
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 9/23 -AM - Dennis Brower; PM-Dennis Brower; Friday, 9/24-AM-NO School; PM-NO SCHOOL ; Monday, 9/27 AM-NO School; PM-NO SCHOOL; Tuesday, 9/28 - AM-NONE; PM-Dennis Brower; Wednesday, 9/29- AM - NONE; PM-Dennis Brower
3. THIS Saturday, September 25th is an Altar Server Training for all Altar Servers who serve at Sunday Masses at St. Peter, or who would like to learn about that opportunity. The training will be held with Father Chris in the church from 9 am to about 10/10:30 am. Dads are encouraged to attend as well! Please also save the date and plan to attend the Altar Server Initiation event on Friday, October 29th at 7 pm at St. Peter. Thank you, your involvement is a blessing!!
4. St. Anne Group: New Year, New Location, New Members?! The St. Anne Scripture Study Group is a women's bible study that meets weekly to read, discuss and pray over the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday. It is open to all women, parishioners, school moms and any other women, who want to join in. Kids are welcome, and we will have toys on hand. If your schedule allows you to come each week or drop in occasionally, we would be delighted to have you! We will now be meeting in the school cafeteria (formerly the connector) after the 8:15 a.m. school Mass (9:00 or so) until 10:15 a.m. Our first meeting in the school cafeteria will be Friday, September 10, 2021. Please contact Laura Karlen (608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to be added to the St. Anne Group e-mail list.
September 23 Piano Lessons
23 6:00 pm Back to school night
23 8:30 pm Men's Bible Study
24 NO SCHOOL-STAFF IN-SERVICE
24 9:00 St. Anne Group
25 8:00 Server Training-Parish members
27 NO SCHOOL-STAFF IN-SERVICE
29 10:15 am Server Training for students at St. Peter
29 Band Lessons
30 Piano Lessons
30 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter Catholic Parish
30 8:30 pm Men's Bible Study
October 1 9:00 am Morning playgroup
1 1:30 pm Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
6 Band Lessons
7 Piano Lessons
7 2:30 pm All School Living Rosary
8 TEACHER IN-SERVICE-NO SCHOOL-Milwaukee Conf.
8 9:00 St. Anne Group
13 Picture Day
13 Band Lessons
14 Piano Lessons
15 9:00 St. Anne Group
15 9:30-11:30 Holy Spirit Hustle
15 12:30 EARLY RELEASE-No afterschool
20 Band Lessons
21 Piano Lessons
21 Fish Fry workers to start prep after school
22 9:00 St. Anne Group
22 Fish Fry
27 Band Lessons
28 Piano Lessons
28 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter
29 9:00 am St. Anne Group
29 7:00-8:00 pm Server Initiation
30 9:30-2:00 pm 10th grade confirmation mini retreat
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."