To get the information you need, check out our latest posts HERE!
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. November Lunch Menu. Please note the change in prices. Due to the increase of food costs and the longer lunch period, we are in need of increasing the lunch price to $3.25 per lunch. Adult prices have also increased to $3.50. If you have any questions, please contact the school office. Orders should be back to the office by October 20th.
4. Thank you to Michelle and Joseph Lancaster for helping out on this past weekend's Trailride at Blue Star Dairy. Other helpers included Tracy Meinholz, Logan Thomas, Art and Lori Meinholz. Total monies received was $500. Next Trailride is October 24 and we are still looking for volunteers to help serve lunch. The hours are from 11:00 to 1:00. These count toward your volunteer hours for the school. Remember to record your hours.
5. Learning Atrium flyer from the Madison Diocese. They are putting together a short video and are looking for permission from families to take video and/or pictures of students at St. Peter Catholic School. Please return the permission slip back to school by October 30th to give that permission.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 10/15 - AM-Sue Tansey; Friday, 10/16-AM - None; PM-Jeanne Wells; Monday, 10/19 - AM-Jeff Heller, PM-Lisa Schell; Tuesday, 10/20 - AM-Sue Tansey; Wednesday, 10/21 - AM-None, PM-Bridget Yallaly
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 10/15 - AM- Sue Tansey, PM-Tina O'Connor; Friday, 10/16 AM NONE, PM - None; Monday, 10/19- AM-Jeff Heller, PM-Elizabeth Idzi; Tuesday, 10/20 - AM-Sue Tansey, PM-Tina O'Connor; Wednesday, 10/21- AM-Elizabeth Idzi, PM-Elizabeth Idzi
3. Reminder: Join St. Peter Parish (Ashton) and St. Martin Parish (Martinsville) in praying at Planned Parenthood (3706 Orin Rd. Madison) for one hour this fall during the 40 Days for Life peaceful vigil. Statistics show that more women choose life when prayer warriors are visible on the sidewalk. St. Peter-St. Martin Parishes need your help to fill the hours we have committed to over the 6-week campaign from Sept. 23 – Nov. 1. Our hours are on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Are you willing to help fill just one of those hours? Contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If this time doesn’t work for you, visit vigilforlife.org to sign-up for the 24/7 campaign at your convenience.
4. The St. Anne Group invites all women to our weekly meetings right after 8:15 a.m. Mass on Fridays; we start around 9:00 a.m. We meet in the connector to look ahead to Sunday's Gospel, pray together and spend time together, all in about an hour. Children are welcomed to play, too. Contact Laura Karlen (608-445-2064 or email@example.com) for more information.
5. During the month of October, we will be collecting donations at school for our annual Box of Joy service project! We are in need of small toys, school supplies, and hygiene items that will be used to fill gift boxes for girls and boys living in extreme poverty in developing countries (suggested donations at this link or on the handout included in your Wednesday folder). We will assemble the Boxes of Joy in our classrooms with all of the items collected, during a school day in early November. Individual boxes are also available to families that would like to organize assembling your own Boxes of Joy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a box, or multiple boxes for any groups you are a part of that would like to participate. St. Peter's will again be serving as a Drop Off Center for Cross Catholic Outreach the week of Nov. 3rd -10th, which is when we will be collecting filled Boxes of Joy and taking care of getting them shipped to the distribution center in Florida. Please help spread the love of Christ and joy of Christmas by getting involved with this service project - your donations of items or financial contributions to help offset the shipping expense ($9 per box), and your prayers, are all greatly appreciated! For many children, a Box of Joy – filled with toys, clothing, school supplies, a Rosary and the Story of Jesus – is the first Christmas gift they ever receive. Thank you so much for your generosity!!
6. Thank you for your participation in Fr. Chris's meal train! Your generosity blew him away--so much so, that we had to adjust the meal train to just one sign up a week because it was too much for Father to eat!
Thank you for considering to bring Fr. Chris a meal that would last him two days. When signing up for a meal, please note what time you'll be dropping off the meal, such as the beginning of the day or at the end of the school day. Also, please only drop off food if you're signed up to in order to avoid overloading Father :)
October 15 Piano Lessons
18 Community Weekend
20 Piano Lessons
21 4/5 Retreat at St. Martin after Mass
21 6:30 pm Community Formation Nights
22 Piano Lessons
23 Fish Fry - carry out only
24 11:00am Trailride event-In need of volunteers
27 Piano Lessons
29 Piano Lessons
30 NO SCHOOL-TEACHER IN-SERVICE
November 2 All Saints Day Parade (celebrating on All Souls Day)
in church after Mass (no PreK)
2 Treat Day (Emily Shea-PreK and K/1; Erin Heller-2/3
3 Piano Lessons
5 Piano Lessons
5 6:15 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter Church
6 7:00 am Adoration - First Friday
6 9:00 am St. Anne Scripture Study
7-15 Box of Joy program filling boxes
10 Piano Lessons
11 Veterans Day
12 Piano Lessons
12 3:30 pm Parent Teacher Conferences
13 12:30 pm EARLY RELEASE
13 1:00 PM Parent Teacher Conferences
13 Fish Fry drive thru
17 Piano Lessons
18 End of First Trimester
19 Piano Lessons
19 6:15 pm Education Commission meeting
19-30 Fr. Chris Away - Some Masses will be said by guest
priest- Those not will have a rosary said by students
24 Piano Lessons
25-27 NO SCHOOL-THANKSGIVING BREAK
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."