To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things. (Piano Student letter from Mrs. Gregory)
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. November Lunch Menu. Please return to school by October 20.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 10/10 -Paul Wagner; Friday, 10/11- Bryna Fassino; Monday, 10/14- Brent King; Tuesday, 10/15-Bridget Yallaly; Wednesday, 10/16- Bridget Yallaly
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 10/10 -Elizabeth Idzi; Friday, 10/11- Elizabeth Idzi; Monday, 10/14- None; Tuesday, 10/15-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 10/16- Tia Whatley
3. During the month of October, we will be collecting donations at school for our annual Box of Joy service project! We are in need of small toys, school supplies, and hygiene items that will be used to fill gift boxes for girls and boys living in extreme poverty in developing countries (suggested donations at this link or on the handout included in your Wednesday folder). We will assemble the Boxes of Joy in our "Faith Family" small groups with all of the items collected, during a school day in early November. Individual boxes are also available to families that would like to organize assembling your own Boxes of Joy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a box, or multiple boxes for any groups you are a part of that would like to participate. St. Peter's will again be serving as a Drop Off Center for Cross Catholic Outreach the week of Nov. 3rd -10th, which is when we will be collecting filled Boxes of Joy and taking care of getting them shipped to the distribution center in Florida. Please help spread the love of Christ and joy of Christmas by getting involved with this service project - your donations of items or financial contributions to help offset the shipping expense ($9 per box), and your prayers, are all greatly appreciated! For many children, a Box of Joy – filled with toys, clothing, school supplies, a Rosary and the Story of Jesus – is the first Christmas gift they ever receive. Thank you so much for your generosity!!
4. We are excited to start our new WEEKLY St. Peter's moms' group on Monday, October 21, 2019 right after Mass (8:50 or so); we'll wrap up to clean up by 10:00 a.m. To help us start up the group, please visit our Sign-Up Genius to see if you can contribute one or more items to get us going. Click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094FABAC28AAFF2-stpeters We ask moms to bring a container of easy-to-eat/eat-to-clean-up snacks and a pack of juice boxes to our first meeting. Then, we'll be set!
5. Join St. Peter Parish (Ashton) and St. Martin Parish (Martinsville) in praying at Planned Parenthood (3706 Orin Rd. Madison) for one hour this fall during the 40 Days for Life peaceful vigil. Statistics show that more women choose life when prayer warriors are visible on the sidewalk. St. Peter-St. Martin Parishes need your help to fill the hours we have committed to over the 6-week campaign from Sept. 25 – Nov. 3. Our hours are on Saturday from 12-3 p.m. Are you willing to help fill just one of those hours? Contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or email@example.com. If this time doesn’t work for you, visit vigilforlife.org to sign-up for the 24/7 campaign at your convenience.
6. St. Ambrose Academy will be holding an All Saints" Party on Saturday, October 26. See the link to the flyer for more details: St. Ambrose Academy All Saints' Party Flyer
7. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Parish office is looking for a volunteer to spend one hour each Monday morning to straighten up the church pews. Also the office would like a volunteer any day of the week to do reception work and filing between the hours of 9:00 to Noon. See Amy in the parish office for specifics or call her at 831-4843. Thanks for all you do.
8. Reminder: Mom's Playgroup is this Friday after the 8:15 Mass in the school hall. Refreshments and fellowship. You can also pick up your fish fry T-shirt for the January fish fry or if a member of St. Peter for all fish fries.
9. Bishop Pics? We had a wonderful picture of Bishop Hying with our students from last Monday. But, the SD card isn't working. Did you take a picture last Monday? We would LOVE for you to send us any group pictures you have with our students and Bishop Hying. Thanks!
10. DEADLINE! We encourage you to reach out to any remaining business sponsors you wanted to contact for the Holy Spirit Hustle run-a-thon. The deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2019. If you need the business sponsorship description or form, please stop by the school or parish office. Thank you for reaching out!
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."