To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things. (Piano Student letter from Mrs. Gregory)
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Scrip October Spotlight Business-Standing Order. Those who have already filled out the form for a standing order, please remember to pick up at the beginning of the month in the school office.
4. During the month of October, we will be collecting donations at school for our annual Box of Joy service project! We are in need of small toys, school supplies, and hygiene items that will be used to fill gift boxes for girls and boys living in extreme poverty in developing countries (suggested donations at this link or on the handout included in your Wednesday folder). We will assemble the Boxes of Joy in our "Faith Family" small groups with all of the items collected, during a school day in early November. Individual boxes are also available to families that would like to organize assembling your own Boxes of Joy. Please email email@example.com if you would like a box, or multiple boxes for any groups you are a part of that would like to participate. St. Peter's will again be serving as a Drop Off Center for Cross Catholic Outreach the week of Nov. 3rd -10th, which is when we will be collecting filled Boxes of Joy and taking care of getting them shipped to the distribution center in Florida. Please help spread the love of Christ and joy of Christmas by getting involved with this service project - your donations of items or financial contributions to help offset the shipping expense ($9 per box), and your prayers, are all greatly appreciated! For many children, a Box of Joy – filled with toys, clothing, school supplies, a Rosary and the Story of Jesus – is the first Christmas gift they ever receive. Thank you so much for your generosity!!
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 10/4 -Angie Tenkley; Friday, 10/5- NO SCHOOL; Monday, 10/7- Brent King; Tuesday, 10/8-Bridget Yallaly; Wednesday, 10/9- Bridget Yallaly
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 10/4 -Elizabeth Idzi; Friday, 10/5- NO SCHOOL; Monday, 10/7- Sean Powell; Tuesday, 10/8-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 10/9- Tia Whatley
3. Reminder: Family Eucharistic Adoration flyer for October 3rd at 6:00 pm. Meal theme is "Breakfast for Dinner." Hope to see many of you there.
4. Join St. Peter Parish (Ashton) and St. Martin Parish (Martinsville) in praying at Planned Parenthood (3706 Orin Rd. Madison) for one hour this fall during the 40 Days for Life peaceful vigil. Statistics show that more women choose life when prayer warriors are visible on the sidewalk. St. Peter-St. Martin Parishes need your help to fill the hours we have committed to over the 6-week campaign from Sept. 25 – Nov. 3. Our hours are on Saturday from 12-3 p.m. Are you willing to help fill just one of those hours? Contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If this time doesn’t work for you, visit vigilforlife.org to sign-up for the 24/7 campaign at your convenience.
5. We are excited to start our new WEEKLY St. Peter's moms' group on Monday, October 21, 2019 right after Mass (8:50 or so); we'll wrap up to clean up by 10:00 a.m. To help us start up the group, please visit our Sign-Up Genius to see if you can contribute one or more items to get us going. Click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094FABAC28AAFF2-stpeters We ask moms to bring a container of easy-to-eat/eat-to-clean-up snacks and a pack of juice boxes to our first meeting. Then, we'll be set!
6. St. Ambrose Academy will be holding an All Saints" Party on Saturday, October 26. See the link to the flyer for more details: St. Ambrose Academy All Saints' Party Flyer
7. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Parish office is looking for a volunteer to spend one hour each Monday morning to straighten up the church pews. Also the office would like a volunteer any day of the week to do reception work and filing between the hours of 9:00 to Noon. See Amy in the parish office for specifics or call her at 831-4843. Thanks for all you do.
8. Living Rosary will be on Monday, October 7 after 8:15 Mass. Families and parishioners are welcome to join in this special saying of the rosary lead by St. Peter students.
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."