To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Catholic Schools Week flyer. Please note the dress for each day next week.
4. Field trip information sheet. This is for grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. A waiver needs to be signed by parents for each student in order for them to participate. Use this link to fill in electronically: https://booking.urbanairparks.com/waiver?confirmation=be391e8e
5. Classroom Valentine listing. Students will be exchanging valentines sometime during the day. PreK will be doing so throughout the week because of attendance differences in that classroom.
6. Learning Atrium is hiring individuals to work one on one with students who struggle with reading. See flyer for details if you are interested.
7. Playgroup Morning is coming next week Friday, February 3rd. This is also an opportunity to invite new families to visit the school if they are interested in Catholic Education for their child in Grades preK 3 through Grade 8. Tours will be set up individually with those that are looking for a school for next year.
8. Letter from Overture band. This is for 4th, 5th and 6th grade parents only. It is an update on band teacher for rest of this year.
Reminders: NO SCHOOL on Friday, Jan. 27. Teacher in-service for teachers.
Enrollment Letter from Dcn. Michael for the 2023-2024 school year will come home soon. Enrollment will open next week for returning students. An email through FACTS will be sent to your email. Use the links to register for school next year in that email. Deadline to receive the discount on tuition is February 18. After that date the discount does not apply. Also, enrollment is opened up for new students and families starting February 19. If you have a new student starting school, you can add them during returning family registration.
Thursday, February 2 Fr. Chris will be blessing candles during Mass at St. Peter Catholic Church (This is a change from Mass. Mass is normally said at St Martin on Thursdays). If you would like any candles blessed, please send them to school by February 1 with your name on them. He will also be blessing throats after Mass on Friday, February 3.
Report Card envelopes should be returned to school but keep the report cards.
We are excited to announce that we will be co-hosting (with St. Francis Xavier in Cross Plains) the Totus Tuus youth program here at St. Peter this summer the week of June 18th to 23rd!! Registration materials will be available soon! For now, be sure to save the dates and help us spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested in attending! :)
2. St. Anne Group: You're Invited This School Year! The St. Anne Scripture Study Group is a women's bible study that meets weekly to read, discuss and pray over the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday. We meet on Fridays in the school cafeteria after the 8:15 a.m. school Mass (9:00 or so) until 10:15 a.m., unless the St. Peter playgroup meets that week, which is usually the first Friday of the month. The St. Anne Group is open to all women, parishioners, school moms and any other women, who want to join in. Kids are welcome, and we will have toys on hand. If your schedule allows you to come each week or drop in occasionally, we would be delighted to have you! Please contact Laura Karlen (608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to be added to the St. Anne Group e-mail list.
January 23-27 Fr. Chris on Retreat (Fr. Faustina saying Mass on
Wednesday and Friday)
26 Band Lessons
26 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep at St. Peter
27 NO SCHOOL - Diocese Teacher in service
29-Feb 4 Catholic Schools Week
31 Piano Lessons
February 2 8:15 am Candlemas at St. Peter (blessing of candles)
3 7:00 am Adoration
3 8:15 am Mass followed by Blessing of Throats (St. Blaise)
3 9:00 Morning Playgroup
3 Field Trip for Grades K through 6
7 Piano Lessons
9 Band Lessons
10 Fish Fry
12 Emmaus Morning
14 Piano Lessons
16 Band Lessons
17 NO SCHOOL - Teacher in service
18 9:00 Little Flowers Girls Group
21 Piano Lessons
22 ASH Wednesday
23 Band Lessons
24 Fish Fry
24 2:15 Stations of the Cross
28 Piano Lessons
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."