To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things. (Piano Student letter from Mrs. Gregory)
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Bishop Hying will be visiting our school on Monday, September 30 starting with Mass at 8:15 am and then a reception from 9:15 to 10:15. See flyer for details.
4. Baby pack and play for $5. Joanne Roudebush found this pack and play in almost new condition being sold at a garage sale. If you are interested in it, let her know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures in the Wednesday folder.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 9/19 -None; Friday, 9/20- Bryna Fassino; Monday, 9/23- Laura Forecki; Tuesday, 9/24-Jeff Heller; Wednesday, 9/25- Laura Forecki
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 9/19 -None; Friday, 9/20- Elizabeth Idzi; Monday, 9/23- Sean Powell; Tuesday, 9/24-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 9/25- Tia Whatley
3. Dear Families,
We were made aware this morning from the service that tests our water quarterly, that our nitrate level is high. For this reason, we will be using bottled water for cooking and as drinking water. Further testing is being done to help guide us in our next steps. We apologize for this situation.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
4. NEW St. Peter’s Moms’ Group!
We are excited to start a weekly group for moms! Bring your kids with you or just yourself for an hour of time together with other moms, snacks (also for the kids), prayer, and some Scripture study as we look ahead to and discuss the Gospel reading for the upcoming Sunday. Toys will be on hand for the kids. Come every week or come as often as you can. We will meet in the parish connector. Moms from the parish, school, and everywhere are welcome. For more information or with your ideas, contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or email@example.com. We would like to find out the best day to have our moms’ group each week. Please complete the Doodle poll: https://doodle.com/poll/dwsnrud2udsc2mpn Then, we can pick the most popular date. Stay tuned to find out which date we will meet.
5. Reminder: Last week, you should have received information about business sponsorship's for the Holy Spirit Hustle. Here are links to the electronic versions of the Sponsorship Description and the Sponsorship Form, which you will want to use as you approach businesses. If you'd like the Holy Spirit Hustle committee to contact a business with which you're connected on your behalf (you'd be referring the business), your referral form is due Monday, September 23. Here is the link to that referral form. Contact Laura Karlen with any questions you have at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-445-2064.
6. Benefit Dinner Volunteer Opportunity. Next week Tuesday, September 24 there is a meeting for the benefit dinner committee from 6-7 pm. They are still looking for volunteers to help in small ways and big ways. Right now they need some one to take notes at the next meeting. If you are interested, please contact Amy in the parish office at 831-4843 or email@example.com or Bryna Fassino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Hello Families with young men in 3rd grade & up at St. Peter Parish and School!! An Altar Server Initiation Night will be held next Friday, September 20th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at St. Peter's! Please meet in the church gathering room. This event is for all boys who have already been helping with altar serving at weekend or daily Masses, and also for those who would like to learn more about it before making a commitment. Dads are encouraged to attend too! The evening will include a bonfire and s'mores, so please dress for the weather.
"Boys have a natural inclination to be task oriented and to achieve a goal. This is reinforced in service at the altar during Mass. It gives boys an opportunity to set about accomplishing tasks that are eternally important, while at the same time being formed in conducting themselves with reverence in the Lord's house, and paying attention to the needs of others, especially anticipating the needs of the priest at Mass in mind. This opportunity to serve also invites them to consider a vocation to the priesthood by their proximity to the most important work of priests, celebrating the Mass worthily and well." - Father Chris
Hope you are able to make it for this Altar Server Initiation and super fun opportunity to hang out with Father Chris!! If you can't make it this time, another Altar Server Initiation will be planned soon. Many thanks and prayers!!
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."