To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. Permission Slip for Kalscheuer Pumpkin Patch field trip scheduled for Thursday, October 3 at 1:30 pm. Please fill out the top form (second page is for you to keep) and return to school. If you decide to send money for this field trip for your child to use, please put in an envelope with their name on so we can get that to their chaperone.
4. Holy Spirit Hustle letter to families along with 3 copies of a letter and information to give to any businesses you know in order to have sponsors for this important fundraiser.
5. October Lunch Menu. Please remember to put your child(ren)s name on top and return to school by September 20th.
6. Pregnancy Helpline flyer doing their 5th annual Diaper Dash scheduled for Saturday, September 21. See flyer for details on how you can help.
7. Circle of Grace Children's Program letter to parents and opt out form. The school will be teaching these lessons next week from September 16 through September 20. Use the opt out form if you prefer your child not participate and send to school by this Friday, September 13.
8. Server and Sacristan Training will be happening on Friday, September 20th. A letter from Fr. Chris is in the folder to students in grades 3 through 5. If you would like your student to be trained to be a server or sacristan, please return the bottom of the second page with your students name on that will need training.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 9/12 -Angie Tenkley; Friday, 9/13- Sue Tansey; Monday, 9/16- Laura Forecki; Tuesday, 9/17-Angie Tenkley; Wednesday, 9/18- Laura Forecki
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 9/12 -Elizabeth Idzi; Friday, 9/13- Courtney Mann; Monday, 9/16- Sean Powell; Tuesday, 9/17-Elizabeth Idzi; Wednesday, 9/18- Tia Whatley
3. Hello Families with young men in 3rd grade & up at St. Peter Parish and School!! An Altar Server Initiation Night will be held next Friday, September 20th from 6:30 to 7:30 pm at St. Peter's! Please meet in the church gathering room. This event is for all boys who have already been helping with altar serving at weekend or daily Masses, and also for those who would like to learn more about it before making a commitment. Dads are encouraged to attend too! The evening will include a bonfire and s'mores, so please dress for the weather.
"Boys have a natural inclination to be task oriented and to achieve a goal. This is reinforced in service at the altar during Mass. It gives boys an opportunity to set about accomplishing tasks that are eternally important, while at the same time being formed in conducting themselves with reverence in the Lord's house, and paying attention to the needs of others, especially anticipating the needs of the priest at Mass in mind. This opportunity to serve also invites them to consider a vocation to the priesthood by their proximity to the most important work of priests, celebrating the Mass worthily and well." - Father Chris
Hope you are able to make it for this Altar Server Initiation and super fun opportunity to hang out with Father Chris!! If you can't make it this time, another Altar Server Initiation will be planned soon. Many thanks and prayers!!
4. Sign Up Genius recently went out for PreK recess duty and for PreK families to sign up to bring a snack for the entire class for a week during the school year. Please remember recess duty can be used to reduce tuition costs or fulfill volunteer hours. When you check in, make sure to indicate what your preference is.
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."