To keep up to date on school news, check out our latest posts HERE.
Go HERE for our full calendar of events.
If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
3. 40 Days for Life ending closing celebration on Sunday, November 6. See flyer for details on this event.
4. NOVEMBER we remember loved ones who have passed away. A paper is in your folder if your family would like to fill out and send back to school and we will put that in our book of remembrance and pray as a school for those loved ones during November.
The Catholic Church dedicates the entire month of November to praying in a special way for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. The Holy Souls (also called the Faithful Departed) are members of the Church who await the purification of their souls before joining the saints in heaven for all eternity. Specifically, they are referred to as the Church Suffering (the saints in heaven are the Church Triumphant, and the faithful on earth are the Church Militant).The poor souls in purgatory cannot pray for themselves or do anything to hasten their entrance into heaven, but we can and ought to pray for them as an act of charity.
5. Vocation Week is next week. In your folder are several sheets that are spiritual bouquets for your family to choose a priest you would like to pray for, one sheet is specifically for Bishop Hying and the other two can be used for any priest, deacon, seminarian, religious sister, and/or consecrated women or men religious. Please send them back to school and we will distribute them to whom you indicate on the forms. If you know the address of the person you want to send the bouquet to, feel free to mail off to them yourself. Also, the vocation cards are in the folder if you want to choose one of the people listed to pray for.
6. November 11 Fish Fry work list. Still many holes to fill. Please consider helping out.
7. Playgroup morning is coming this Friday, November 4. See flyer for details.
1. Help is needed THIS Saturday, November 5th for the St. Peter Fall Clean-Up/Work Day! Please sign up using the link below if you can help for any part of the day. We will begin at 8:00 am with Mass, followed by a light breakfast, then work until lunch at noon. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. We will finish up by early afternoon. Specific instructions will be provided on Saturday. Thanks so much for your help!! God bless you!!
Here is the sign up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a48aaae29a31-stpeter10
2. Reminders: If you haven't already done so, please make sure you have signed up for Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday and Friday, November 10 and 11. See links in the flocknote to sign up.
Picture retake day is next Tuesday, November 8. If you missed the first picture day, plan to have your picture taken. If you want a retake, please turn in your envelope so we know who is getting a retake.
3. St. Anne Group: You're Invited This School Year! The St. Anne Scripture Study Group is a women's bible study that meets weekly to read, discuss and pray over the Gospel for the upcoming Sunday. We meet on Fridays in the school cafeteria after the 8:15 a.m. school Mass (9:00 or so) until 10:15 a.m., unless the St. Peter playgroup meets that week, which is usually the first Friday of the month. The St. Anne Group is open to all women, parishioners, school moms and any other women, who want to join in. Kids are welcome, and we will have toys on hand. If your schedule allows you to come each week or drop in occasionally, we would be delighted to have you! Please contact Laura Karlen (608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to be added to the St. Anne Group e-mail list.
November 3 Band Lessons
3 Piano Lessons
3 7:00 pm Parish Leadership Team Meeting
4 7:00 am Adoration
4 Morning Playgroup after Mass
5 Box of Joy Packaging begins
8 Picture Re-take Day
10 Piano Lessons
10 Pizza Party for Lunch (this is for all students)
10 3:30 pm Parent Teacher Conferences
11 NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
11 9:00 Parent Teacher Conferences
11 Fish Fry
15 Piano Lessons
15 6:15 pm Discovery Night-Dive Deeper Tuesday
16 Band Lessons
16 6:30 pm Sacramental Prep for 2nd graders and parents
16 9:00 am Adoration
19 9:00 am Little Flowers Girls Group
22 Piano Lessons and Group Performance
23-25 NO SCHOOL-THANKSGIVING BREAK
29 Piano Lessons
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."