To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website www.ashtoncatholic.org/school-news and for School Events & Activities at www.ashtoncatholic.org/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. April and May Lunch menus. Please return to school by March 22. You may notice that April's menu numbers are all moved around. I don't know why that happened but the menu items are in the correct order. Just the numbers seem to have shifted as well as the name line and the cost items shifted. I did not notice this until after the print.
3. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
4. Keynotes newsletter from the parish office.
5. Seeking New Scrip Coordinator. This flyer gives details of what the job entails. This volunteer position can be done from home and is a great way to earn volunteer hours. Also, we are in need of more volunteers to sell SCRIP after weekend Masses. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to sell but you can earn half an hour of time for volunteer hours. Contact the office or Kim Neumaier for more details.
6. Letter written by Bishop Morlino for parents of children preparing to receive First Holy Communion and other sacraments. Although this letter was written for those parents, I am sending to the rest of our families to read and have this from the Bishop.
7. Registration now open - The Totus Tuus summer youth program will be hosted at St. Peter's the week of July 14th-19th!!! This is a week-long program dedicated to sharing the Gospel and love for the Catholic faith. It is a lot like summer camp and is held right at St. Peter's during the day from 9 am to 2:30 pm (Monday through Friday) for students going into kindergarten through grade 6, and in the evenings from 7 to 9 pm (Sunday through Thursday) for students going into grades 7 through 12 (older students are also encouraged to attend during the day as teen leaders!!). The registration form is included in the Wednesday folder for your convenience. Please help us to spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested!!! :)
8. Lifetouch order form for our group picture coming on April 5th at 9:00 am. You can either order online or send back the envelope to order pictures. These are class pictures.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 3/14 -Sean Powell; Friday, 3/15- Jeanne Wells; Monday, 3/118- Kim Neumaier; Tuesday, 3/19-Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 3/20- Guillermina Calzada.
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 3/14- Jacy Porter; Friday, 3/15-None Monday, 3/18- None; Tuesday, 3/19-Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 3/20- None.
3. Reminder that this Friday, March 15, Blue Star Dairy along with other dairyman will be providing Pizza from Little Ceaser's for lunch. You are welcome to send fruit and veggies to compliment the meal. There is no charge for this meal to families.
4. From Michelle LeVeque: Dear First Communicant Families,
I pray this finds you all doing well! I'm sure you're all as ready for spring to get here as I am! Thankfully, once we get to March, it starts to feel like an end to winter is in sight... and much more importantly, the big day of First Holy Communion will soon be here - So exciting!! Please note some reminders leading up to this very special day:
Our next group preparation session is next Monday, March 18th, from 6:15 to 7:30 pm at St. Martin's. The students need to review/complete through session 4 of "Signs of Grace" with a parent before Monday. We will be covering session 5 together that night - "Receiving Holy Communion". The parent session topic for the evening will be on "Bread for the Journey".
Saturday, April 27th from 9 to 11 am will be our mini retreat and last group session at St. Martin's.
The First Holy Communion Rehearsal will be held on Saturday, May 4th at 10 am at St. Peter's. First Holy Communion Mass will be on Sunday, May 5th at 8:30 am at St. Peter's.
As you're planning what to wear, please note these traditional and acceptable options -Boys: Suit with tie. Sunday best slacks with jacket and tie. Sunday best slacks with dress shirt and tie. Dress shoes. Girls: White dress, length below the knee, with sleeves and modest neckline (no spaghetti straps)Veil or simple hair decoration. Dress shoes (no high heels or flip flops)
5. Tuesday, March 19 is our celebration of Fathers/Grandfathers. Remember, the students are encouraged to sit with their family members at Mass. Those students who do not have a father or grandfather attending will be seated with teachers and then with another family during the breakfast. If you have not already done so, please return the form in order for us to make sure we have enough tables set and food for the event.
6. Planting Seeds for Our Future - UP DATES
Tickets on Sale! Don't forget to reserve your tickets to the annual benefit dinner. Click here to reserve your spot today!
Final call for Sponsorships
It's not too late to turn in your sponsorship forms and/or in-kind donations.
Dessert Dash - Volunteer hours count!
We’re inviting you to bake a fabulous treat, purchase (or have donated) rich wonders at a special bakery, or simply contribute cash or a check for the purchase of something yummy. For each 12 person dessert purchased/donated = 1 hour; homemade = 2 hours (or more!).
Click here to fill out a donation form or contact Jenny Spahn email@example.com!
Donate a bottle of wine for the Wine Pull game at the dinner. Any and all varieties are accepted! Donations can be dropped off at the parish office.
Volunteer at the Event
Need some volunteer hours? Many hands will be needed before and during the event! Contact Bryna Fassino (firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-239-2048) for more information. Details on particular needs will be forthcoming.
7. Stations of the Cross will be prayed over at church with St. Peter School staff and students on Fridays at 2:45 pm during lent. Please note there is no school on Friday, March 29 and the living stations will be done on Friday, April 12 at 9:00 am after Mass.
7. Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for the preschool recess duty. Many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none. Also, please consider selling SCRIP after Masses on the weekends. Although this takes about 15 minutes, it can be counted as a half hour of time.
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."