To keep up to date on School News, follow on our website www.ashtoncatholic.org/school-news and for School Events & Activities at www.ashtoncatholic.org/calendar. If you have any questions or comments about anything in this communication, please contact the school office (831-4846) or the contact person listed in the announcement.
Folders today contain the following items for each family (unless noted otherwise):
1. Individual reminders about a variety of things.
2. Partners In Faith April newsletter for your reading enjoyment.
3. Scrip order Form for your convenience.
4. LENTEN PROJECT: The Diocesan Migrant Center in El Paso, Texas has put out an urgent need for donations to help with the immigrant crisis. A letter from Bishop Seitz as well as a list of items they are looking for. The Adopt a Diocese Lenten Project flyers gives an overall explanation as to what we will be doing. Michelle Lancaster has heard from her brother in the area serving and he indicated the most urgent items needed are underwear and socks in all sizes. Monetary donations will be used for diapers and other items that are too bulky to ship. Please be generous. We will have a box here at school for items to be placed in. Cash donations should be given to the office. Here is a link for more information: https://cbs4local.com/news/immigration/volunteers-needed-for-diocese-of-el-paso
5. VIGIL FOR LIFE: Every Friday in lent from 3-5 pm St. Peter Parish are praying in front of Planned Parenthood in Madison. See flyer for details.
1. Recess Duty for the next week: Thursday, 3/21 -Sean Powell; Friday, 3/22- Holly Ganser; Monday, 3/25- Kim Neumaier; Tuesday, 3/26-Jeanne Wells; Wednesday, 3/27- Linda Rhatican.
2. Recess Duty for PreK next week: Thursday, 3/21- Doug Ulaszek; Friday, 3/22-None Monday, 3/25- None; Tuesday, 3/26-Jacy Porter; Wednesday, 3/27- None.
3. Planting Seeds for Our Future - UP DATES
Tickets on Sale! Don't forget to reserve your tickets to the annual benefit dinner. Click here to reserve your spot today!
Volunteer at the Event
Need some volunteer hours? Many hands will be needed before and during the event! Contact Bryna Fassino (firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-239-2048) for more information. Details on particular needs will be forthcoming.
4. Stations of the Cross will be prayed over at church with St. Peter School staff and students on Fridays at 2:40 pm during lent. Please note there is no school on Friday, March 29 and the living stations will be done on Friday, April 12 at 9:00 am after Mass.
5. Reminder: If you have fulfilled your recess duty of 4 days per student and still need volunteer hours for the 30 hours required, consider filling in for the preschool recess duty. Many blanks with no volunteers at this time. Follow the link on your email to look for opportunities to sign up. See above list of those assigned and you can see how many are listed as none. Also, please consider selling SCRIP after Masses on the weekends. Although this takes about 15 minutes, it can be counted as a half hour of time.
6. FOUND: An access card from the HID Corp. was found on the sidewalk between church and school after the Father/Grandfather breakfast. If you are missing this item, stop by the office.
St. Peter Catholic School Mission Statement
St. Peter Catholic School is dedicated to continuing the strong tradition of Catholic Education, academic excellence, and the formation of morals, values, and the faith in a Christ-centered community.
"St. Peter Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs."